How We Are Green
Environmental and community responsibility have been guiding principles, as well as core values since Americana opened in 1996.
How are we green?
- We have always reused and recycled as much as possible. (Our business cards are recycled color boxes!). Click here for more on recycling at Americana and the Alpine Recycles program.
- We serve only fair trade organic coffee (Big Bend Coffee Roasters)
- We use no petrochemicals in our salon or on our landscape.
- We use 100% wind energy.
- We walk and ride bikes to work as much as possible.
- We raise awareness and funds for local environmental organizations.
- We use natural and biodegradable cleaning products and laundry detergent.
- We have our own reusable cloth bags we share with anyone who wants one.
- We use a programmable thermostat and open windows to control temperature.